Looking for a Turin travel guide to plan your Italian vacation? Get insider tips on the must-see sights, best museums, tastiest restaurants, and top neighborhoods to stay.
Turin is a city in northern Italy, located at the foot of the Alps. It is the capital of the Piedmont region and is known for its rich history, culture, and cuisine.
Turin is also home to several important museums, including the Egyptian Museum and the National Cinema Museum.
Best Turin Travel Guide
check out the complete guide on Turin Travel Guide.
What to see in Turin
There are many things to see and do in Turin. Here are a few of the highlights:
- The Egyptian Museum: This museum houses one of the largest collections of Egyptian antiquities outside of Cairo.
- The National Cinema Museum: This museum tells the story of cinema from its early days to the present.
- The Royal Palace of Turin: This palace was the home of the Savoy royal family for centuries.
- The Shroud of Turin: This linen cloth is believed by some to be the burial shroud of Jesus
- The Mole Antonelliana: This iconic tower is the tallest building in Turin and offers stunning views of the city.
- The Juventus Museum: This museum is dedicated to the history of Juventus, one of the most successful football clubs in Italy.
Where to eat in Turin
Turin is home to some of the best restaurants in Italy. Here are a few of the must-try restaurants:
- Vietti: This Michelin-starred restaurant serves traditional Piedmontese cuisine with a modern twist. Vietti restaurant, Turin
- Ristorante del Cambio: This historic restaurant has been serving fine dining for over 200 years. Ristorante del Cambio restaurant, Turin
- La Cioccolateria di Guido Gobino: This chocolate shop is a must-visit for any chocolate lover.La Cioccolateria di Guido Gobino, Turin
- Trattoria Trompia: This casual restaurant serves traditional Piedmontese dishes at affordable prices.Trattoria Trompia restaurant, Turin
- Gelateria Pepino: This gelateria is a local favorite for its delicious gelato.
When to visit Turin
The best time to visit Turin is during the spring (April-May) or fall (September-October). During these times, the weather is mild and there are fewer crowds.
How to get around Turin
The best way to get around Turin is by walking or taking the metro. The metro system is efficient and easy to use. You can also rent a bicycle or take a taxi.
Tips for tourists in Turin
- Be sure to try the local cuisine, especially the chocolate and gelato.
- Visit the Egyptian Museum and the National Cinema Museum.
- Take a walk through the beautiful gardens of the Royal Palace of Turin.
- See the Shroud of Turin, if you’re brave enough.
- Enjoy a football match at the Juventus Stadium.